Impact in Waukesha County
United Way helps Waukesha County residents. United Way convenes resources, volunteers, experts, and other service providers for short-term relief and long-term success.
- Our community is healthier. Last year, over 8,600 youth and adults had increased access to health care programs, health and wellness services, plus safer and healthier communities.
- Urgent needs are being met. Since March 2020, United Way has invested over $320,000 in COVID-19 urgent needs fund grants and supplies.
- Young people are ready for school. Since 2015, more than 17,000 backpacks stuffed with school supplies have been distributed through the United Way-led Backpack Coalition.
- Students are achieving more. Last year, over 13,000 children or their parents/caregivers received support for early childhood education, youth development, and services for children and families. Since 2016, United Way’s Helping Kids Succeed initiative has impacted nearly 2,000 students annually in the School District of Waukesha by increasing student achievement, enhancing family stability, and improving community engagement.
- Families are staying in their homes. Last year, United Way’s Safe & Stable Homes initiative served over 160 children and their parents.
- Families facing economic challenges are getting support. Last year, over 1,700 individuals were helped through the United Wayfunded VITA program at La Casa de Esperanza. Over 4,400 adults and families benefited from programs that reduced barriers to employment and provided safe and stable homes.
View 2022 Waukesha County Report
In 2021-22, health care access, youth development, and emergency shelter programs were the most utilized United Way-funded programing by Waukesha County residents.
individuals and families.
Please wait while we gather your results.
Community Coalitions, Collaborations, & Partnerships
United Way staff actively participate in the following groups in Waukesha County:
Anti-Trafficking Coalition of Waukesha County • Emergency Food & Shelter Board Waukesha
Funders Together to End Homelessness Community of Practice • Housing Action Coalition of Waukesha County
IMPACT Connect - Board of Managers • Partners of Change • Waukesha County Breastfeeding Coalition
Waukesha County Business Alliance - Education Steering Committee
Waukesha County Community Health Improvement Plan & Process - Data Subcommittee
Waukesha Heroin Task Force