The health system members of the Milwaukee Health Care Partnership (MHCP) (Ascension Wisconsin, Advocate Aurora Health, Children’s Wisconsin, and Froedtert Health) helped launch the MHCP Health Improvement Fund with United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County in 2011 to support organizations that provide health care and enabling services for low-income, underserved populations in Milwaukee County, with the aim of improving health outcomes and advancing health equity.
MHCP Health Improvement Fund grants are one-time grants to non-profit, health and human service agencies in Milwaukee County.
Grants will be available for organizations working towards one or more of the following MHCP priorities:
- COVERAGE: Reach out and enroll those who are eligible, in public or private health insurance
- ACCESS: Increase availability and accessibility of health care services, including primary care, specialty care, behavioral health, dental care, and affordable medications
- CARE COORDINATION: Improve care coordination/navigation within or across social and health care delivery systems.
- COMMUNITY HEALTH: Address targeted community health needs as identified in the Milwaukee Community Health Needs Assessment, prioritized in the MHCP Plan and tied to cross-sector initiatives including:
- Mental health and substance use (MHCP Behavioral Health Improvement Plan)
- Violence prevention/intervention (Milwaukee Blueprint for Peace)
Special consideration will be made for organizations applying for funding who are actively participating in the Milwaukee Health Care Partnership sponsored or supported initiatives.
Letters of Intent for the MHCP Health Improvement Fund are no longer being accepted.
- February 24, 2021 - Letter of Intent application is open for submission
- March 10, 2021 - Letter of Intent due by 4:30pm
- April 1, 2021 - Agencies notified whether they have qualified to complete a full Request for Proposal (RFP) and receive instructions on how to complete and submit RFP via email. RFP becomes available in e-CImpact.
- April 19, 2021 - RFP and all attachments due by 4:30pm
- July 1, 2021 - Project funding year starts and agency executives are notified of award status
Dates previously listed on the website are subject to change. All agencies who submitted a Letter of Intent will receive an update on the RFP along with relevant dates via email. Please contact Marcia Blackman, Grant Writer, at United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County with any questions via email or at 414-263-8154.
Agencies invited to complete a full RFP may request a maximum of $50,000. Award amounts typically range from $25,000 to $50,000.
Agencies invited to complete a full RFP that are not currently United Way Agency Program Partners will be required to submit:
- Agency 990 (most recently completed)
- 501 (c) 3 Letter>
- Completed Form W-9
- Most recent Audit Report
- Management Letter for Audit Report
- Most recently completed fiscal year-ending internal financial reports (Balance Sheet and Statement of Activities)
- Most recent current year financial report (Balance Sheet and Statement of Activities)
- Current list of Agency Board of Directors
Grant requirements for agencies receiving funding after successful submission and review of RFP:
- Signed Grant Agreement
- Counterterrorism Compliance Form
- Policy on Protecting Children
Health Improvement Fund programs providing direct client services will be required to collect data that measure common outcomes and indicators with tools provided by United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County
Health Improvement Fund programs providing direct client services are required to report demographic information for all of the participants completing programming.
- Age Groups: 0 thru 3, 4 thru 5, 6 thru 11, 12 thru 17, 18 thru 24, 25 thru 34, 35 thru 44, 45 thru 54, 55 thru 64, 65 thru 74, 75 thru 84, 85 thru 94, 95 and over
- Gender: Male, Female, Transgender, Other
- Household Income: $0 to $9,999, $10,000 to $14,999, $15,000 to $24,999, $25,000 to $36,999, $37,000 to $49,999, $50,000 to $74,999, $75,000 or more, Free and reduced lunch (if income data is not available)
- Ethnic/Racial Background: African American/Black, Asian, Caucasian/White, Hispanic/Latino, Middle Eastern, Multi-Racial, Native American, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, Other
- U.S. Veteran Status (Do you now or have you ever served in the United States Armed Forces?)
- Primary Language Spoken in the Home: What is the primary Language spoken in the home? English, Hmong, Spanish, Other
- Zip Codes of Residence