United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County and your company mutually agree to provide electronic pledge processing services to your employees to facilitate their support for United Way’s activities.
Nature of Services. United Way will provide electronic pledge processing services (eWay) for your employees through a website known as the Employer's Campaign Site hosted by Frontstream on behalf of United Way.
Employee Access. Your employees will access the Employer’s Campaign Site to submit pledges for the United Way campaign. Use of the Campaign Site shall be password protected and shall be available only for United Way related purposes. Employee information provided by the Company will be used by United Way to configure access to the Campaign Site, and to maintain accuracy of donor information in our primary database. Please see our Privacy Statement for additional information regarding donor information.
Employer Cooperation. You agree to cooperate with United Way to provide information needed to create the Employer's Campaign Site for your employees. This cooperation shall include providing employee personal data, obtaining necessary employee consents and making available logos and other information as needed for United Way to provide eWay.
Employee Communications. United Way may collect information and communicate with Employer’s employees via the Employer’s Campaign Site regarding the United Way campaign and other United Way activities. United Way will capture contact information for use in targeted year-round communications as requested by the donor.
Section 2: Licenses and Proprietary Rights
Licensed Property. United Way grants Employer a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Employer’s Campaign Site and any related software or materials (“Licensed Property”) solely for purposes of United eWay Services. United Way and its licensors retain all right, title, and interest in the Licensed Property.
Restrictions on Use of Licensed Property. Employer agrees that it shall not, nor shall it authorize others to: (i) copy any of the Licensed Property; (ii) share log-ins and passwords with non-authorized users; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any software provided as part of the United eWay Services or otherwise attempt to discover its source code; (iv) subject to Section 1.2, sell, rent, lease, license, sublicense, transfer, distribute, time-share or otherwise assign to any third party the Licensed Property or any of Employer’s rights thereto; or (v) modify, create, write or develop any derivative software or any other software program based on the Licensed Property.
Non-Disclosure. Except as specifically provided otherwise herein, this Agreement shall not be construed as granting to either party any right to use any of the other party’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, or confidential business information, or to disclose the terms of this Agreement to third parties, unless required by law or approved by the other party.
Notices and Trademarks. Employer and United Way will cooperate to maintain on the Employer’s Campaign Site any United Way or third party trademarks or any legal notices such as copyright notices, trademark notices, privacy notices and notices permitted by the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.
Fees. Employer shall pay United Way fees reasonably necessary to defray the costs of United eWay Services in amounts customarily charged by United Way for these services. Custom eWay is $3.00 per transaction and Basic eWay transaction costs are being underwritten by the United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County or by a sponsor on its behalf.
Invoicing. United Way will invoice Employer at the end of the United Way campaign and payments shall be due no later than thirty (30) days after the invoice date.
This fee is identical to the per-transaction fee that United Way is charged by its vendor. If the vendor pricing changes, United Way will communicate any corresponding fee changes to Employer at least 90 days prior to the start of the Employer’s campaign.
One transaction represents one employee registering a response. United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County will be charged for transactions made for testing and deleted transactions. Every effort should be made to utilize the demo functionality of the system while testing.
United Way will perform the following services for Custom eWay Company campaigns:
- A secure, internet-based environment with 24/7 access*
- Configuration of up to 20 custom sites for different employee groups
- May include different welcome messages, marketing messages, logos, images, and/or pledge type options (at Company’s discretion)
- Upload of employee information
- Secure access to the administrative site for Company’s United eWay administrator and campaign and/or site coordinators identified by Company
- Including access to add employees, view online campaign summary and detail information, and create detailed campaign reports and export files
- Customer support for the Company campaign coordinator during normal business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday - Friday) via phone and e-mail
- Customer support for donors during normal business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday) via phone and e-mail*
- Communicating campaign results to non-local United Ways per United Way membership requirements.
- Including all donors who work in their geographical area as deemed by United Way Worldwide requirements
- Processing and distribution of all US-based pledges following the completion of the campaign.*
- Local United Way designations will be processed according to normal United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County pledge processing procedures
- All designations will be paid directly to the United Ways and agencies as designated by donors.
Custom eWay Companies are responsible for:
- Supplying United Way with a complete donor upload file in the specified spreadsheet format. This file must include all employees that may attempt to login. Addendum files of new employees may be sent at the maximum of one file per week for the duration of your active campaign.
- Supplying United Way with image and logo files, CEO letter and any company-specific leadership levels, event and/or other information that needs to be placed on the website.
- Communicating to all appropriate company locations the intent to work with United Way to provide pledge system, processing and distribution for the entire campaign. This includes communication of campaign dates and all pre- and post- campaign procedures. *
- Payments: All payments honoring employee pledges, regardless of nationwide location, and whether it be cash and checks paid at the time of pledge or payroll withholdings throughout the year, are to be submitted via check or electronic transfer to the United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County. Please do not make any payments directly to designated beneficiaries or any other parties, including other United Ways.*
- Submitting a list of donor names reconciled with cash and check payments (or attach a copy of each donor’s pledge receipt to each payment.) Any donors with cash/check payments not collected within 60 days of the end of the campaign will receive a bill to the home address (where available) or the work address.*
- Identifying Company employees who need administrative access to the United eWay system
- Including the level of security required (e.g., all information vs local-only).
- Identifying any non-local United Ways that require administrative access to the United eWay system for this campaign.
- Entry of any paper pledges into the United eWay application or arrangement with the United Way staff to assist with pledge entry.
- Testing and final approval of website(s) before activation for company wide release.*
- Importing final payroll transaction data into the Company payroll system (United Way will support the export process but is not responsible for the integration of that data into the Company payroll system).* Pledges received after your payroll file is transferred by United Way must be entered manually on the company's side.
- If the campaign includes any non-US donors, company is responsible for working with appropriate international United Way organizations for payments.
- Customer support for donors via a help desk phone line and e-mail.
*Basic eWay campaign requirements