Engage your team in a fun volunteer project that benefits our Backpack Coalition! The Pencil Pouch Kit brings volunteers together to pack pencil pouches full of school supplies to benefit local students.
Select 1 of 2 pencil pouch kit options:
- Kit #1 : Pencil Pouch with supplies appropriate for Elementary School students (Pre-K - 5th grade)
- Kit #2 : Pencil Pouch with supplies appropriate for Middle School students (6th – 8th grade)
The Backpack Coalition has been serving our community for over 20 years and has been led by United Way since 2014. It is committed to providing backpacks and school supplies to students with financial constraints and helping ensure they succeed in school. Each year the coalition distributes thousands of backpacks with grade appropriate school supplies to students in grades K-12. By packing these pencil pouches, you will help ensure we meet our 2023 goal of providing backpacks and school supplies for all students that participate in this program.
This project impacts the following in our community:
- Milwaukee County students attending one of our Milwaukee Community Partnership Schools.
- Waukesha County students attending Hadfield, Hawthorne, and Heyer Elementary Schools.
- Families who utilize the following agencies : Waukesha County Health and Human Services, Food Pantry of Waukesha County, Mukwonago Food Pantry, Muskego Food Pantry, Oconomowoc Food Pantry, Pewaukee Food Pantry, and Waukesha Salvation Army.
- Students in the Germantown School District.
Fill out the Project Request Form or contact Sarah via email or at (414) 837-3085